Please Note: This review was written by me and posted on my blog in 2012 before I re-branded.
We’re still potty training. Things go well some days but others are just a mess. Literally. I was ecstatic when I was selected to review a Hoover TwinTank™ Steam Mop because we needed one. That, and I knew that my fellow parents out there would probably be interested in this review because being a parent is a messy job, even if your kids know how to go to the bathroom!
We have two bathrooms — one for ladies, one for gentlemen. LOL. Anyway, Brandon’s potty is in mine. Go figure. Needless to say, the floor is usually always sticky and it smells like pee. It’s not near as bad as it was when we were first starting out because Brandon has gotten a lot better about peeing in the potty, but there is still the occasional accident. It’s to be expected, but my bathroom has just been so icky. Every time I walk in our bathroom the floors are sticky and stinky.
I’m now happy to report that my bathroom has been restored to it’s original cleanliness! I’ve used my Hoover TwinTank™ Steam Mop a few times since I received it and I’m really, really enjoying it! It can disinfect and kill or remove greater than 99.99% of harmful bacteria with steam alone! “The TwinTank™ Steam Mop is ideal for everyday cleaning or removing tough stains from hard floors including laminate, tile, hardwood, engineered hardwood, vinyl, sealed stone, and more. Unlike competitors that rely on steam alone, Hoover provides a proprietary 100% biodegradable formula cleaning solution that allows the Hoover® TwinTank™ Steam Mop to OUT CLEAN other steam mops1. Equipped with an on-demand steam trigger, 30 foot power cord, and adjustable solution control, the TwinTank™ Steam Mop makes your floor cleaning task easier than before.”
The features are noted below (copied directly from Hoover’s website):
- Out Cleans other steam mops1 – CE testing to prove we out clean other leading steam mops when using the proprietary Hoover® SteamPlus™ Cleaning Solution.
- Disinfects & Kills or Removes2 greater than 99.99% of harmful bacteria3 with steam alone including MRSA, Staph, and Salmonella
- TwinTank™ Technology – allows users to keep our 100% biodegradable formula cleaning solution and water separate for total control; Disinfect with steam alone2 or OUT CLEAN other steam mops1 with Hoover® SteamPlus™ Cleaning Solution.
- Solution Control Dial – users can easily control the amount of cleaning solution used to meet the needs of any cleaning job
- 30-Foot Power Cord – consumers can clean more areas of their home without re-plugging
- Removable Tanks – for easy filling and emptying convenience
- Triangular Swivel Mop Head – the mop head can pivot and maneuver into tight corners and along baseboards
- Carpet Glider – refresh rugs and carpet
- Microfiber Triangle Pads – ideal for cleaning multiple flooring types
- Soft-Touch Grip – designed for comfort with a soft-touch grip on the inside
- Cord Release – Features a rotating quick release
- “Steam Ready” Indicator LED – alerts users when steamer is heated and ready for use
The Hoover TwinTank™ Steam Mop includes:
- 8-oz. Bottle of Hoover® 2X SteamPlus™ Cleaning Solution
- 3 Microfiber Triangle Pads
- Cooling Tray – Protects your floors during cooling and storage
- Carpet Glider – refresh carpets and rugs
The Hoover TwinTank™ Steam Mop was super easy to assemble and it takes no time at all to load the water tank and to apply the washable pads. All you have to do is plug it in, click the “Power” button, and wait for the green “Ready” light to illuminate. As the name suggests, there are two tanks — one for water, one for cleaning solution (which is optional). We had to pass on the cleaning solution due to funds but it was good to know that our floors could still be properly sanitized without having to purchase it. One of my favorite things about the Hoover TwinTank™ Steam Mop, other than it’s great cleaning and sanitizing abilities, is that the pads are washable and reusable. We originally bought a Swiffer (shortly before I was selected to review Hoover TwinTank™ Steam Mop) but we decided to return it because we’d rather have a steam mop that has reusable pads instead of constantly having to purchase refills. It’s also great that it doesn’t take long at all to heat up — after I press the “Power” button, it takes about 15-30 seconds to heat up and then it’s ready to go! It’s not loud, either, so I can easily and quickly clean our floors while our son takes a nap or is in bed for the night.
There are only two things that I don’t like about the Hoover TwinTank™ Steam Mop. On occasion when using the steam mop, my hands sometimes get either tired or I get a cramp or two, or both. One of my cons is that the trigger you press to clean has to be held down constantly. It would be fantastic if there was some sort of locking feature so that the trigger doesn’t have to be held down while in use. My second and final con is that, after a few minutes of using, the mop becomes a little hard to push across the floor (hardwood). I’m not sure if that is because the pad becomes too saturated or not (which is my guess, but the floors always dry quickly so I’m not sure), but I do end up having to put some effort into pushing it across the floor. Personally, I’m not at all worried about my cons because they don’t affect or have anything to do with the mop’s cleaning abilities, but I wanted to mention them anyway because they were things that I noticed.
Overall, I love the Hoover TwinTank™ Steam Mop and I would recommend that you invest in it. I love walking on my bathroom floor after I use it because it’s so clean and I don’t feel like I need to deep clean my feet after walking on it, haha. When it comes to sanitizing, it’s spot-on, and the pads are reusable — no need to worry about constantly buying refills! Yeah, I got a quick hand cramp while using it a couple of times, but it’s definitely worth it. Plus, I get a nice little arm work out (which I honestly don’t mind — I need it anyway!). 😉
Disclosure: I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own.